[dokuwiki] Problem with .htaccess and "Use nice URLs"

  • From: Chris G <cl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 14:19:13 +0000

I seem to have screwed up a dokuwiki installation by setting "Use nice
URLs" to .htaccess and adding a .htaccess file.  The whole think is now
broken and just gives "Internal Server Error".

So, a couple of questions:-

    I fortunately have shell access to the installation, how can I
    unscramble it back to "Use nice URLs" being turned off?  Obviously I
    remove the .htaccess file but what else do I need to do?

    What can I do to diagnose what went wrong and is there a way to do
    the change in steps to see what's causing the problem?

    What's the 'right' way to do this to avoid problems?  I.e. what
    order should one do things?

--
Chris Green