[dokuwiki] Re: Problem with .htaccess and "Use nice URLs"

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 09:55:54 -0500

On 3/14/2011 9:19 AM, Chris G wrote:
I seem to have screwed up a dokuwiki installation by setting "Use nice
URLs" to .htaccess and adding a .htaccess file.  The whole think is now
broken and just gives "Internal Server Error".

So, a couple of questions:-

     I fortunately have shell access to the installation, how can I
     unscramble it back to "Use nice URLs" being turned off?  Obviously I
     remove the .htaccess file but what else do I need to do?

     What can I do to diagnose what went wrong and is there a way to do
     the change in steps to see what's causing the problem?

     What's the 'right' way to do this to avoid problems?  I.e. what
     order should one do things?

If it's so screwed up that you can't access the admin page, then go to your server and in conf/local.php set $conf['userewrite'] = '0';

Then reinstall the .htaccess file that comes with the Dokuwiki distribution.

--
Myron Turner
http://mturner.org/