[dokuwiki] Re: Our application for Google Summer of Code 2012 has been rejected

  • From: George Chatzisofroniou <sophron@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 12:07:16 +0200

Hello Dokuwikiers,

My name is George, i'm 20 years old and i'm from Greece. I use
DokuWiki on a daily basis and i have developed the authorstats plugin
[1].

The fact that DokuWiki wasn't accepted for GSoC 2012 disappointed me
as i was planning to send a proposal. Even though, i really like the
software and the community and i would like to work for DokuWiki even
without the benefits of GsoC.

What does concerns me is the available time i have to offer. I will
apply for some other organizations on GSoC so my time really depends
on that.  What would be great is making a team and working together. i
don't know if this is possible and i suggest anyone who is interest on
making a development team for one of the GSoC ideas to send on the
list.

The idea that i liked most was 'Multiuser edit' but i'm also
interested on anything else regards the development of DokuWiki.

[1]: http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:authorstats

Thanks,

--
George Chatzisofroniou