[dokuwiki] Our application for Google Summer of Code 2012 has been rejected

  • From: Michael Hamann <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 20:05:27 +0100

Hi,

unfortunately our application for Google Summer of Code 2012 has been
rejected so DokuWiki won't be a mentoring organization for GSoC this
year. There will be an IRC meeting for rejected organizations next
week where we can learn why our application has been rejected, I'll
attend that meeting and will report here what I'll hear.

This is of course not the end, if you are a student and interested in
implementing any of the ideas we would be very happy about that and we
can of course also provide mentoring without GSoC, it's just that
there won't be any money or the reputation of GSoC attached to the
project. Of course then the constraints of GSoC don't apply, you can
start whenever you want, work in teams, work the whole year, work as
little or much as you want, ...

We could also try joining initiatives like http://openhatch.org/ or
get listed on http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/Mentors
if we want to offer this kind of mentoring during the whole year.

Michael