[dokuwiki] Re: Moving a dokuwiki website on another server

  • From: Marco Castellani <marcokast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 14:02:50 +0000 (UTC)

Andreas Gohr <andi <at> splitbrain.org> writes:

> On Wed, 2 May 2007 15:04:41 +0000 (GMT)
> Marco Castellani <marcokast <at> yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,

> > should move the whole pages of an existing dokuwiki website into a new
> > server. I'm not sure, but I think I should proceed in the following
> > way:
> >
> > 1) install (and configure) a fresh dokuwiki website in the new server
> > 2) overwrite the folder /data of the NEW server with the same folder
> > of the OLD website
>
> Why don't you just tar the whole dokuwiki directory on th old server
> and untar it on the new one? There is no magic involved.

Thanks Andreas, I was not aware that a simple tar can be sufficient! Anyway,
part of the problem is that the old website runs dokuwiki 2006-03-09a, while I
would like to port my dokuwiki website to the latest release, given also the
fact that it has been exactly released on my birthday (ok not only for this
reason obviously..)
 ;)

Marco