[dokuwiki] Re: usernames

  • From: "Nathan Moore" <ntmoore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 09:22:09 -0500

oh, ok, this makes sense.  I still don't quite understand the ACL plugin and
have been hacking the acl file by hand from the get-go.  The problem, as I
see it now, is that my students were registering with names like "john_doe"
and then I was enbling specific namespaces for them with the same handle.

Thanks!

Nathan

On 4/30/07, TNHarris <telliamed@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 19:43:02 -0500, "Nathan Moore" <ntmoore@xxxxxxxxx>
said:
> I'm not sure if this is a bug.  When users on my instance of dokuwiki
> register with names like "john doe" or "john_doe" they subsequently can
> not edit pages that are assigned to them in the acl file.  For the most
part,
> when I change their usernames to "johndoe" the problem goes away.

Do you edit the ACL by hand? User and group names in the ACL can't have
special characters like ' ' or '_' among others. They need to be encoded
like URLs: "john%20doe" instead of "john doe". The ACL plugin is
supposed to do this for you, if it's not then something is broken.

I stumbled over this when I was hacking the ACL handler in my repo. I
don't know if Andi is interested, but I parse the ACL file into a nested
array at startup, then use just a single grep over the array to find all
relevant ACL entries for a page ID. I don't know if it's better in any
way, I was just experimenting. The grep pattern may be of interest: It
comes out looking like /((\*|ns1):((\*|ns2):)?)?\*/ for however long the
path is.

-- tom
telliamed@xxxxxxxxxxx

Nathan Moore