[dokuwiki] Re: Migration & Plugin for MoinMoin

  • From: Yann <yann.hamon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 01:40:50 +0200

On 6/1/06, Terence J. Grant <tjgrant@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Yann,

> I did not look more precisely into the code, but dokuwiki's search
engine
> seems quite slow too:
> http://isfates.mandragor.org/toto/ufr/dokuwiki_search.png
>
> Disabling dokuwiki's search engine improves considerably it's
performances!

I'm curious, what does your performance look like if you leave the
search engine in tact, but remove the AJAX portion from the search?

Oh, the ajax part was removed loooong time ago :p A tail -F access.log |
fgrep doc | fgrep search showed that we had approximatively one search every
two seconds (approximatively) and that it was enough :(