[dokuwiki] Re: Migration & Plugin for MoinMoin

  • From: "Terence J. Grant" <tjgrant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 18:44:53 -0400

Hi Yann,

I did not look more precisely into the code, but dokuwiki's search engine
seems quite slow too:
http://isfates.mandragor.org/toto/ufr/dokuwiki_search.png

Disabling dokuwiki's search engine improves considerably it's performances!

I'm curious, what does your performance look like if you leave the search engine in tact, but remove the AJAX portion from the search?

Because as far as I can tell, every time you type a character with
AJAX enabled, it'll hit the server; so I'm curious if instead that is
the problem.

This way you can still have search at a decent speed perhaps?

You'd do this by replacing:

tpl_searchform()

with something like:

<form action="<?php echo DOKU_BASE?>doku.php" accept-charset="utf-8"
id="searchform" name="search">
<input type="hidden" name="do" value="search" />
<input id="searchInput" name="id" type="text" accesskey="f" value="" />
<input type='submit' class="searchButton" id="searchGoButton" value="go" />
</form>

I'd be interested to see your results if you'd like to share them.

--
--Terence J. Grant(tjgrant@xxxxxxxxxxxx)