[dokuwiki] Re: Mass assignment of groups in user manager

  • From: "Gabriel Birke" <Gabriel.Birke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:28:54 +0200

Hi,

thanks for your feedback. The approach you described would solve all three
points. However, there are two usability problems with the simpler approach:

We change groups very often and having to type the group names is more
effort.
Also, typing the group name is more error-prone.

Thus, in our case the GUI with the checkboxes is a feature we would be
reluctant to give up.
So here is a compromise: I will implement the interface like you described
and make the checkboxes a configurable option:
On the config page you have a field "Number of checkboxes" for a maximum
number of displayed checkboxes . Defaults to 0. Also you have a text field
"Group names for checkboxes". If the field has group names in it, these will
be used instead of the result form the 'retrieveGroups' method.

Greetings,

Gabriel