[dokuwiki] Re: Maintaining a stable version with darcs

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 12:32:46 +0200

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 11:58:53 +0200
Frank Siegert <hugelmopf@xxxxxx> wrote:

> So I went ahead and tried the following, but there is an error
> "Couldn't read tag":
>
> I have found this bug report in darcs: http://bugs.darcs.net/issue321

Hmm.. yes this seems to be bug in darcs

> Now I am wondering, whether anybody has tried the "Maintaining a
> stable version with darcs" method as described in the wiki, and can
> tell me, how to work around this issue? Will removal of "--partial"
> still give me the tagged release version?

Yes. Leaving out the --partial will pull all patches up to the given
patch instead of starting at the last checkpoint.

> And one more question: Will this tag (I suppose that's similar to a
> branch in SVN) also contain security updates like the ones in release
> 2007-06-26b, or what would be the best way to obtain them?

It's not exactly a branch, but more a marker in the patch history. To
answer your question: no you wouldn't get the security updates. The
simplest way to add a security update done after a stable release would
be to download the single patch from
http://dev.splitbrain.org/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=dokuwiki;a=summary
and apply it manually with "darcs apply patchfile.patch".

http://www.splitbrain.org