[dokuwiki] Maintaining a stable version with darcs

  • From: Frank Siegert <hugelmopf@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 11:58:53 +0200

Hi list,

I have decided to use darcs for maintaining my stable dokuwiki
installation, such that I can make small modifications and still upgrade
easily. I am not very familiar with darcs (but with svn), and have found
this section:

http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:darcs#maintaining_a_stable_version_with_darcs

So I went ahead and tried the following, but there is an error "Couldn't
read tag":

$ darcs get --partial --tag "release 2007-06-26" \
  http://dev.splitbrain.org/darcs/dokuwiki
Copying patch 1 of 1... done!
darcs: Couldn't read tag
Tue Jun 26 20:26:39 CEST 2007  Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  tagged release 2007-06-26

I have found this bug report in darcs: http://bugs.darcs.net/issue321
Now I am wondering, whether anybody has tried the "Maintaining a stable
version with darcs" method as described in the wiki, and can tell me, how
to work around this issue? Will removal of "--partial" still give me the
tagged release version?

And one more question: Will this tag (I suppose that's similar to a branch
in SVN) also contain security updates like the ones in release
2007-06-26b, or what would be the best way to obtain them?

Thanks for your help,
Frank

PS: I tried to send this message through gmane yesterday, but probably
wasn't subscribed yet, so please accept my apologies, if it does come
through a second time.