[dokuwiki] Re: Logging in Dokuwiki

  • From: Matthias Grimm <matthiasgrimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 22:04:41 +0100

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 12:31:56 +0100
Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 17:01:15 +0100
> Matthias Grimm <matthiasgrimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I could prepare a patch to add logging permanently to Dokuwiki or
> > place the code as tipps&tricks on www.splitbrain.org. What do you
> > think? I wouldn't ask if there wasn't that logging discussion on
> > splitbrain.org.
>
> As most people will get this kind of stats with their webhosting package
> or even have access to the server logs I'd like to keep this out of the
> core code base. Once we get "action plugins" this would make a really
> nice plugin - until then a tips&tricks page would be fine.

Most people don't have access to web server's log files because they
don't run their own web server but use a web hoster. Furthermore web
server's log are not limited to Dokuwiki.

Anyway, it would be ok if you don't want the code in the main tree. I
prepare a tips&tricks page the next days.

  Best Regards
    Matthias