[dokuwiki] Re: LDAP authentication "disabled" User Manager plug-in? Normal users has no read permission either!

  • From: "Constance.Kan" <constance.kan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:06:42 +0100

Bishopsfield Road
Fareham
Hampshire
PO14 1NH
Tel: 01329 815200
Fax: 01329 822483

The content of this e-mail is the sole responsibility of the sender - Fareham
College accepts no responsibility for its accuracy or the views and opinions
expressed herein, and also reserves the right to monitor all email
sent/received on its business systems.

Hi Andi,

I cannot turn off the auto-generated "signature" as it gets tags on by
the college.  I do appologise for forgetting to turn off the HTML.
However there is no need for swear words (even though abbreviated).

Anyway here is my query if you're still interested:

I would like to set our DokuWiki to authenticate against our LDAP
ComputerServices group and give all the ComputerSerivces Users the
read/edit/upload permission and not anyone else.  I have the following
settings in the \conf\local.php:

$conf['title'] = 'IT Services Wiki';
$conf['useacl'] = 1;
$conf['superuser'] = '@admin, root';
$conf['authtype'] = 'ldap';

$conf['disableactions'] = 'register';
$conf['auth']['ldap']['server'] = 'gxxx';
$conf['auth']['ldap']['binddn'] = '%{user}@xxx';
$conf['auth']['ldap']['usertree'] =
'uid=%{user},OU=ComputerServices,DC=xxxx,DC=xx';
$conf['auth']['ldap']['userfilter'] =
'(userPrincipalName=%{user}@xxxx.xx)';
$conf['auth']['ldap']['grouptree'] =
'OU=ComputerServices,DC=xxxx,DC=xx';
$conf['auth']['ldap']['groupfilter'] =
'(&(cn=USR_*)(Member=%{dn})(ObjectCategory=group))';

After having these settings, no one except superuser i.e. root can read
the pages.  Also the User Manager plug-in has disappeared too.

My current work-around is to manually put everyone as a superuser, then
they could read it.  Surely this isn't a proper way?

Is there a way that I could authenticate against LDAP and only give
read/edit/upload permission to users under Computer Services please?

Thanks in advance

Best regards,
Constance Kan X183