[dokuwiki] Is it possible to have a variable/parameter passed in a link?

  • From: Chris G <cl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 21:20:10 +0000

I want to have many pages link to one page in such a way that the
linked to page knows the page it has been called from.  Is this
possible in any way in Dokuwiki?

I'll try and explain a bit more clearly, the called page will be using
either the database2 or the sql plugin to display some data.  I want
to be able to set some of the parameters for what data is shown from
the linking page.

So I have a page with information about a town called Angers, I want
to have a link to a page which displays information about Angers from
a database, so the link from the Angers page somehow has to tell the
linked to page that the WHERE clause has to have 'Angers' in it.

Thus I need either a way to have a parameter in the link syntax or I
want a way to set a variable that will be persistent so that it can be
seen in the linked to page.

Any ideas?  Is there a plugin that provides anything like this?

--
Chris Green