[dokuwiki] Re: Is it possible to have a variable/parameter passed in a link?

  • From: Chris G <cl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 18:15:01 +0000

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 11:22:47AM +0100, Andreas Gohr wrote:
> > Thus I need either a way to have a parameter in the link syntax
>
> Simple solution: set up an interwiki link that passes the given
> parameter to your page.

I have looked into this and it doesn't do what I need I don't think.

What I currently have works with the templater plugin, the 'calling'
page has something like {{template>hidden:placetpl|name=Bouchemaine}}
in it and hidden:placetpl has:-

    \\
    <sql db="sqlite:////var/www/boatWiki/data/meta/rivers.db"
    wikitext="enable" position="vertical" special="myview" ..>SELECT Name,
    Description, River, Postcode, Population, Comments  from Places where
    Name like '%@name@%'</sql>
    \\
    \\
    <HTML><H3>Moorings</H3></HTML>
    <database database=rivers places basefilter="Name like '@name@'"
    nofilter nosort nocol0 nocmds noadd nodelete noview>

This uses the sql and database2 plugins to display data from a
database.  What I want to do is to have a *link* referring to
hidden:placetpl rather than having to create a page purely to contain
the {{template>hidden:placetpl|name=Bouchemaine}} which I currently
have to do. Using templater I have to create loads of almost identical
pages with just a different town name in each.

The interwiki link syntax just adds the given parameter (such as
{NAME}) to the end of the URL, it doesn't make it available in the
destination page as I need.

--
Chris Green