[dokuwiki] Is PHP 4.3 really necessary for dokuwiki?

  • From: Matthias Grimm <matthiasgrimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 22:05:15 +0200

Hi,

Another question: As basic requirement for DokuWiki PHP 4.3 is requested
but what does DokuWiki exactly use of PHP 4.3? What won't work if I use
an earlier version of PHP?

I run DokuWiki on Apache 1.3 and PHP 4.1.2 without major problems, or
better I think I have not problems. Except the page problem with the
latest release (see other mail on this list) DokuWiki works great.

Does the requirement PHP >=4.3 only exists because earlier versions are
not testsd or is there a more specific reason?

  Best Regards
     Matthias