[dokuwiki] Re: Intersting search problem.

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 15:03:15 +0100

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 15:02:54 -0500
Jeremy <stealth702@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Here's the problem.  I can search for 1 letter (ie: 'B') and I get
> results (only page names).  I can search for 1 number (ie: '1') and
> get results (page names and acutal pages), but if I search for 'B1' I
> don't get results.  I do have B1 in a nuber of pages.. it's the
> partial name of some of my servers, so it should show up in my log
> page.  I tried searching for 'BH' (another name of a server) and got
> no results, yet I know that on some of the pages that exists. I tried
> 'B1-BH' and that didn't return anything either.
>
> Does the search routine only include more then x number of charectors
> for alpha  searches, yet allow any amount of  numbers?
>
> And, does it not take into effect qoutes surrounding a phrase?  or
> hyphens? --

This is a limitation of how the indexer works. It only adds words with
at least 3 chars to the index an exeption is made for numbers which all
are added. So if you search for 1 you'll find something, but if you
search for b1 it is not a number and too small to be in the index.
b1-bh are two words which are both too small. quotes do not help because
the words are not int he index.