[dokuwiki] Re: IE8 compatibility

  • From: Christopher Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 00:01:13 +0100

On 7 Apr 2009, at 19:16, Andreas Gohr wrote:

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 5:32 PM,  <aliasonline@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there a solution for cursor jumping when editing text in IE8 browser?

Is there a bug report about it?

When raising a bug report please describe the problem in more detail than just "cursor jumping". Ie. include what actually happens and the circumstances under which you can trigger it.

I've tested editing text in IE8 using four different dokuwiki installations. I didn't see anything I would describe as "cursor jumping". The only strangeness I noticed was a flicker in the scrollbar of the edit textarea whenever a key was pressed. Nothing on the screen actually moved and the flickering only seemed to occur in the space below the scroll handle. That is if the scroll handle was at the bottom of the scrollbar no flickering occurred. This flickering did not occur when IE8 was used in compatibility mode.

- Chris