[dokuwiki] Re: IE8 compatibility

  • From: aliasonline@xxxxxxx
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 09:31:11 -0400

On Apr 7, 2009, at 5:22 PM, Michael Trojacher wrote:

But again: did you try the IE7 compatability Mode? Its a switch in the Browser or you can use am Meta flag to force the mode. Maybe that helps.

Gerry.

Gerry,

Not a problem.

I did try the IE comp. mode and it worked fine but I'm looking for a permanent solution. As you know, the end user WON'T bother with switching it to IE7 comp mode. Is anyone working on the patch/ solution or is there a patch/solution already available?

Hey,

As Gerry suggested, set the appropriate metatag in the templates main.php for now. no manual user interaction needed...
http://acidmartin.wordpress.com/2009/03/21/using-the-ie8-x-ua-compatibility-meta-tag/

Thanks Gerry and Michael! Adding the meta-tag solved the problem. Cheers!