[dokuwiki] Re: How to handle invalid string in core language files

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 09:54:46 +0100

Hi,

> But I just ran into something I'm not sure how to fix. In
> ./lib/plugins/conf/lang/en/lang.php you'll find the following:
> $lang['cssdatauri']  = 'Size in bytes [...] This technique won\'t work in IE
> < 8! [...]';
>
> The problem here is the "<". Although that is very easy to fix, it causes a
> problem, because most of the language files are translated by many
> volunteers through translate.dokuwiki.org. And the reason I'm not sure what
> to do, is because I don't know how translators will "translate" any fix?

I just noticed that we have the same problem here:

$lang['btn_newer']             = '<< more recent';
$lang['btn_older']             = 'less recent >>';

For those two I would suggest using an UTF-8 arrow character instead.
The Question is which one.

Could you check which of the arrows at
http://www.dokuwiki.org/playground:arrows work for you guys?

splitbrain.org