[dokuwiki] Re: GSoC2011 Plugin and template manager enhancements

  • From: Michael Hamann <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 15:48:32 +0200

Hi Piyush,

Excerpts from Piyush Mishra's message of 2011-04-04 11:30:37 +0200:
> I have 2 mockups
> http://awesomescreenshot.com/0c2aow49f
> and
> http://awesomescreenshot.com/06farj760
>
> which one suits DokuWiki plugin manager more?

I like the first one more because in this one the actions are closer to
the plugin name and the large whitespace is on the right side of the
table.

> Should it be active / inactive when downloaded?
> Making it active when downloaded makes preview / a short time
> activation almost useless and can cause trouble in case of a broken
> plugin?

Perhaps that could be a configuration option? I'm not sure how often
users have to deal with completely broken plugins, but I hope not that
often. Perhaps with some "report as broken" buttons/links we could warn
users instead of all that preview/short time activation? Although it
sounds like a nice idea I'm not sure how many users will actually use it
as it introduces additional steps that make plugin installation more
difficult.

Michael