[dokuwiki] Re: FCKW wysiwyg plugin published

  • From: Gijs van Gemert <gijsh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 09:27:33 +0100

Spring Pierre schreef:
hi all,

i just published version 0.2 of the FCWK plugin [1].

i know there are already some other approaches to wysiwyg in dokuwiki.

the main difference with other wysiwyg solutions is, that the FCKW plugin enables the non obtrusive usage of a wysiwyg editor in dokuwiki. meaning, that pages are still stored in wiki syntax. there even is the possibility to switch back to wiki syntax when editing.

there is a demo wiki available [2].

what do you think about it? should i publish it on splitbrain.org? if yes, what are the guidelines?

i hope someone will find this usefull.

merry xMas. hope to see some of you at the 24c3 [3] in berlin.

pierre

==
[1] https://fosswiki.liip.ch/display/FCKW/Home
[2] http://fckw.demo.liip.ch/sandbox:test
[3] http://events.ccc.de/congress/2007/
--
Liip AG // Rte de la Fonderie 7 // CH-1700 Fribourg
Fon 026 4222511 // Key id 0x5BF5F8FA // www.liip.ch

Hi Pierre,

Great plugin!! Long waited for.
It would come in very handy in my situation where many people don't understand the concept of non-wysiwyg editing.

I installed your plugin, not using the plugin command in the configuration screen, but manually in lib/plugins. (I learned that just like other plugins, this was the only way).  This worked fine, except the uploading of images. Two problems here:
  1. Trying an upload from  linux /firefox  results  in  downloading an "upload.asp" file.  For  uploading I have to use the  standard editor.
  2. The second time I edit the page the image is not found, there only is a link to a non-existing url.
Alpha-status of the plugin, I know. But maybe it is useful for your developing work to know these practical issues.

Gijs van Gemert
-- DokuWiki mailing list - more info at http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:mailinglist