[dokuwiki] Re: FCKW wysiwyg plugin published

  • From: Gijs van Gemert <gijsh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 11:12:42 +0100

Myron Turner schreef:
I  have been working on a perl module which both extends the functionality of the FCK module in DokuWiki and which corrects some of  this issues raised.  The module,  HTML::WikiConverter::DokuWikiFCK, subclasses HTML::WikiConverter::DokuWiki.  It adds markup to handle images correctly and it corrects a problem with FCK's handling of underlined text.  It also adds markup to maintain positioning of text and images, after a file is saved.  It also now handles fonts and font sizes and text colors.

This all works through a combination of additional markup created by DokuWikiFCK and a set of syntax plugins. DokuWikiFCK transposes FCK's html into this new markup and the plugin (called 'styles') turns that markup back into HTML, when the page is displayed.

DokuWikiFCK can be found at:
       http://www.mturner.org/development/DokuWikiFCK.tar.gz
I've also created a demo DokuWiki which demonstrates the results of using the FCK editor with the new features:
      http://www.mturner.org/development/doku.php?id=start

If you missed Pierre's post on fckw, you can go to his web site at:
                                  https://fosswiki.liip.ch/display/FCKW/Home
It tells you about fckw and how to install it.

There is a README in the DokuWikiFCK package with instructions for installing it.

I'll be glad to answer any questions, if I can, and to look at adding additional features and to correct any problems.

Happy New Year,

Myron

Myron Turner wrote:
Gijs van Gemert wrote:
Two problems here:

   1. Trying an upload from  linux /firefox  results  in  downloading
      an "upload.asp" file.  For  uploading I have to use the       standard editor.
   2. The second time I edit the page the image is not found, there
      only is a link to a non-existing url.

Alpha-status of the plugin, I know. But maybe it is useful for your developing work to know these practical issues.

Gijs van Gemert
-- DokuWiki mailing list - more info at http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:mailinglist
I found problem number 2 when switching from FCKW to the native DokuWiki editing mode. I assume it's an fck problem--it doesn't understand how DokuWiki handles images, i.e. through a script.
I' also found that I couldn't attach an onsubmit handler to the form which responds to the FCKW buttons.  I add the following code to helper.php:

Hi Myron,

Happy new year and many thanks for your work. I installed your DokuwikiFCK, following the guidelines you sent along. The editor comes up, and has a lot more possibilities. Nevertheless, there are problems:
  1. The underline/italic shift does not work as expected, after a save italics becomes underlined.
  2. In the source text there are a lot of <align> tags. Is this to be expected, or does the HTML connector not work correctly?
  3. Uploading images does not succeed. The form appears, but nothing happens trying to upload a file via the upload tag. Using the link tag the process hangs.
  4. Pressing OK in the upload form gives a server error about ' The server did not send a proper XML response' .
It seems that I did not succeed to link with dokuwiki's image handler. Maybe I do something wrong?

By the way, I got rid of the upload.asp problem I mentioned earlier by installing the apache module  (was not installed by default by Suse). Furthermore, I changed the .asp connector config file in fckeditor in the same way as the php connector patch Pierre sent.

I hope this info is useful to you.