[dokuwiki] Re: FCKEditor and <>

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 12:59:55 -0500

Clayton Ginsburg wrote:

Thank you for the extremely fast response.  I just installed the new
version and am still having the issue.

- When initially creating the page and clicking on the source button
inside of FCK editor it shows

- I click on save and look at the actual file(from a unix shell)
<align>
#include <abstractions/base>
</align>

I also encountered a similar bug with html entities.  If I were to
create a page with &lt; and save, it is fine, next time I go to edit the
page, the html entity is replaced with a literal <

I am wondering if due to FCKEditor's origin as a wysiwyg HTML editor
make it near impossible to use with items that resemble html?

Thanks,
Clayton

You have to include it in a code block. Highlight the text, Goto Style and click on Code. If there's no text below the code block, hit the return key a few times before creating your code block and place the block above the empty lines. Otherwise the cursor gets stuck in the code block.

I've rewritten the styles xml for code blocks and will send it to you off line. It's in the latest current working version posted on my site under the change_logs:

    http://www.mturner.org/development/doku.php?id=change_log

The file you want is fckg/fckeditor/fckstyles.xml. The changes make it much easier to deal with code blocks in the FCKeditor.

You are right about html. When FCKeditor sees <abstractions/base> it wants to create a valid html tag from it and converts it to <abstractions attr='def'></abstractions>. So it's on your page but not visible, since it's an empty tag. But when it goes to be saved, the FCKeditor doesn't recognize it as a valid tag and drops it. So you are are left with #include.

Could you send me the text for the entities that you are concerned with, and the text they were embedded in, i.e. exactly how you wrote them up in the editor?

Thanks,

Myron