[dokuwiki] Re: DokuWikiFCK version 23 Released

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 08:33:32 -0500

You are welcome to use DokuWikiFCK free of charge if it works for you. All of this is Open Source. But I would be happy to hear of any problems that show up, so that I can make improvements.

Best,

Myron

Florian Feldhaus wrote:
The list of changes sounds great! I will try the new version next weekend. If there are any bugs I will report them to you. If the plugin is stable enough to be employed in a production enviroment and the problems with the syntax plugins are indeed gone, I will donate the 50 Euro to you, like I announced a few days ago.

Besides that, I like the idea of Pierre to get together and do some coding at 25c3. Maybe we could get the FCKW editor to produce native DokuWiki code.

Greetings,
Florian

Myron Turner schrieb:
I've just uploaded HTML-WikiConverter-DokuWikiFCK-0.23 to CPAN. This is an ongoing project which attempts to give users of DokuWiki access to the full graphic capabilities of the FCKeditor.
Main New Features of version 23:
1. A completely re-written plugin tool, which enables the embedding of syntax plugins. This includes normal functioning of plugins, so that they refresh their results when the page refreshes. Otherwise the results of the plugin are frozen at the time of page creation. This tool is capable of handling complex plugin markup, and while I haven't of course tested it for every DW plugin, it appears to be quite stable and widely applicable. It will handle plugins which include embedded textual data:
             <my_plugin> blah blah blah. . . .</my_plugin>

This tool does not work in version 4 of PHP. It requires 5. I have tested it in a variety of configurations and it will work with PHP 5 even on relatively early versions of Linux but will not work with PHP 4 even on current versions. Let it be said, however, that I have tested it only on Red Hat and Fedora systems.

2. Extensive support for formatting tables. a. This version carries over from version 22 (not released to CPAN, but on my web site) the capability to create and delete standard DokuWiki Table Headers. b. But more importantly, it adds a highly flexible Table Formatting tool which supports both structural and 'cosmetic' formatting features:

        background colors for cells, rows, and columns
       horizontal text alignment for cells, rows, and columns
       setting of cell width and column span
       deleting individual cells
       inserting, deleting and moving entire columns and rows

The results of this tool are applied immediately to the tables, so that it's possible to see what the changes look like and to rework as needed.
There is a sample DokuWikiFCK page, a bit out of date, at:
         http://www.mturner.org/development/doku.php?id=fckg
This shows some of the graphic features of DokuWikiFCK. There is also a README, which describes the extended features of DokuWikiFCK as of the latest release:
     http://www.mturner.org/development/doku.php?id=readme

Download DokuWikiFCK at:
http://www.mturner.org/development/HTML-WikiConverter-DokuWikiFCK-0.23.tar.gz

Version 23 has been uploaded to CPAN and should be available via CPAN by tomorrow am. The README details the way to install using CPAN, which would be your first choice if you have not installed it before, since it requires a set of antecedent modules.

As a matter of record, version 21 has been successfully installed on a wide variety of systems, including FreeBSD, Linux, Windows, Darwin, Netbsd, Solaris, and Openbsd.

Best,

Myron

--

Myron Turner