[dokuwiki] Re: DokuWiki - Accommodation

  • From: Christopher Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 22:15:46 +0000
On 15 Mar 2012, at 16:08, WAYNE JENNER wrote:

> Southwark Rose, (5min walk, £152 per room per night Friday £172 per room per
> night Saturday)
> 43-47 Southwark Bridge Road
> London SE1 9HH
> Tel: 44-020-7015-1480

This is a nice hotel.  Very close, incl. good free wifi (not all London hotels
do).  I think 15% discount if book 3wks+ early.

> Now for something completely different. This might be an option as the
> Universities will be on holidays and have student accommodation available,
> see the link below. Cheap Student Rooms for around £40 per night.
>
> http://au.totaltravel.yahoo.com/listing/613687/united-kingdom/greater-london/london-south-east/waterloo-southwark/lse-bankside-house/

Unfortunately their summer accommodation starts on 4/Jul.  I checked other
University residences - some start their summers earlier.

These are central (so not far by underground) and still have rooms/flats.

http://www.westminster.ac.uk/business/summer-accommodation/online-booking
£39 (Hoxton) - £69 (Marylebone)

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/residences/booking/reservation
£35 (Euston) - £45 (Victoria, Finsbury)

and http://www.gold.ac.uk/conference-services/summer/booking/
(New Cross) not available for booking until end of this month.

It could be worth coordinating something with one of these.

- Chris