[dokuwiki] Designer working on new default template soon

  • From: Anika Henke <anika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 21:47:47 +0100

Hi all,

As many of you know, we planned to have a new default template for quite a while now. We started last year at the Hackfest in Zurich, i.e. we started with my starter template, Esther created a first design, Andi discussed his wishes with us and we already started to code the new default template [https://github.com/splitbrain/dokuwiki-template-dokuwiki].

But unfortunately we got stuck... Everything got started but not finished. I personally didn't want to go on coding until the design is finished and "signed off". Andi had much more design ideas but was not very motivated to go on either.

But now there is a light at the end of the tunnel. ;-) And I hope we might be able to ship the next release (October) with the new template.
Because I was able to get a colleague interested:
*Clarence Lee* is a professional UX Designer (with a strong coding background). And I got him excited enough about DokuWiki that he agreed to design something for me/us to work on at the next Hackfest (middle of August). Yay! \o/

I briefed him today about what we need and what we already have and what some people's opinions are. He asked me where he can get some answers, opinions and decisions and I pointed him to the mailinglist.
That means you'll soon get a few emails...

Please participate in discussions where you can during the next two weeks, so we'll soon have a great new template.

Thanks,
Anika