[dokuwiki] Re: Can we directly edit data/pages/*.txt ?

  • From: Carsten Fuchs <CarstenFuchs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 11:19:37 +0200

Hi Michael,

Michael Klier schrieb:
On Fri, Jul 03, 2009 at 09:19:32AM +0200, Carsten Fuchs wrote:
Anything to be aware of?

Nope, those are just plain text files. The pages meta data is stored elsewhere
and will be updated automatically once a page is visited using a browser.

Thanks for confirmation!
As I unfortunately don't know the DokuWiki internals too well, the main issue I was worrying about was that no "diff" is created (and possibly other DokuWiki auto-magic house-keeping performed) when the *.txt files are modified directly, and that their absence might later confuse other parts of DokuWiki.

Anyways, many thanks to you and all DokuWiki friends!
(I'll just backup, then try.)

:-)

Best regards,
Carsten

--
    Cafu - The Game and Graphics Engine for
Multiplayer, Multiplatform, Realtime 3D Action
           Learn more at www.cafu.de