[dokuwiki] Re: Can we directly edit data/pages/*.txt ?

  • From: Carsten Fuchs <CarstenFuchs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 11:37:52 +0200

Hi Christopher,

Christopher Smith schrieb:

For URLs, the search index will be incorrect until DokuWiki reindexes all the pages that have changed. E.g. after the change searching on the new URL is likely to bring no results while searching on the old URL is likely to return all the changed pages. You can use the searchindex plugin (http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:searchindex) to rebuild the search index and fix this issue.

Ok, thx!

What do you mean by "names"?

We use DokuWiki as a part of a larger website.
For our main product, the "Cafu Engine", we use Joomla for the main content pages, phpBB3 for the forums, and DokuWiki for all documentation. (All three use a matching theme.)

The 3D engine was formerly named "Ca3D-Engine" or "Ca3DE" and was available under a now obsolete URL. We've recently begun the process of renaming the engine to "Cafu Engine" and changing to www.cafu.de as the canonical URL.

Therefore, in the DokuWiki documentation, we would now like to search and replace all occurrences of the old URL with the new one, and all occurrences of the old product name with the new name, which can occur in page names and everywhere else.

- Names of people, things - ie. general text - in the wiki pages. As for URLs above

ok

- Page names (first headings). Touch your conf/local.php file to expire the wiki cache. This will ensure DokuWiki rebuilds things before it uses them. Use searchindex plugin or the search index may still be out of kilter for a while.

ok, thx!

- Page names (wiki page file names). Touch your conf/local.php file to expire the wiki cache. Pages will lose the connection to their revisions/history. Some other files will be orphaned (e.g. metadata), the search index will be out of kilter, so use the searchindex plugin. DokuWiki can cope with all this, the new names are new pages and DokuWiki will build the things those new pages need.

Uh, are you referring to renaming *.txt files, e.g. "ca3de-intro.txt" to
"cafu-intro.txt"?
Contrary to updating the file *contents*, we won't do that... at least not automatically (outside of DokuWiki user interface).
:-)

My sincere thanks to you and everyone else for your help!  :-)

Best regards,
Carsten

--
    Cafu - The Game and Graphics Engine for
Multiplayer, Multiplatform, Realtime 3D Action
           Learn more at www.cafu.de