[dokuwiki] Re: CSS Dispatcher

  • From: Anika Henke <a.c.henke@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 00:03:39 +0100

Hi!

Andreas Gohr wrote:
Chris Smith writes:

* More work on Javascript and CSS dispatchers

A couple of things spring to mind.
- I notice you have support for a user stylesheet in the conf directory. Would this be better located in template directory, or if not, can there be an option for a template specific style sheet. e.g. the sidebar template uses the exact same files as the default template + an extra CSS file, an extra php file and a few lines changed in main.php. This makes it very easy to upgrade the template when dokuwiki upgrades. As things stand, the sidebar.css file and (potential) sidebar.js files will not be included in the compressor and will need to be specified separately. Not a big issue, but it would be nice to include them in the compressor.

Good idea. I thought about adding support for a style.css file anyway to keep templates more similar to the plugins.

Wouldn't it be better and more flexible to have a template-function that can be used in main.php, etc. that passes on each needed css file (individually per template)?
I don't like the idea to be restricted to these few css filenames.
(I am sure, I am not the only one who has named them differently and splitted them up, trying to reorganize them and add more structure ...)

Anika

PS: Andi, I'm still boiling ...