[dokuwiki] CSS Dispatcher

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 00:43:38 +0000

Andreas Gohr wrote:

Sat Oct 29 20:52:22 CEST 2005  Andreas Gohr <andi[at]splitbrain.org>
  * More work on Javascript and CSS dispatchers

I took a quick look at the CSS side of things very nice.

A couple of things spring to mind.
- I notice you have support for a user stylesheet in the conf directory. Would this be better located in template directory, or if not, can there be an option for a template specific style sheet. e.g. the sidebar template uses the exact same files as the default template + an extra CSS file, an extra php file and a few lines changed in main.php. This makes it very easy to upgrade the template when dokuwiki upgrades. As things stand, the sidebar.css file and (potential) sidebar.js files will not be included in the compressor and will need to be specified separately. Not a big issue, but it would be nice to include them in the compressor.

- I like the style replacement idea. Is there any chance of using a php file rather than an ini file? (It means I need to write an ini file handler to go with the configuration class (see plugin:config) to enable interactive editing of style settings. :-)

You used tokens surrounded by double underscores for the variables. Is there a reason not to use '@' as used signatures and page templates?

Would it be possible to also have the contents of a global variable merged with the style replacement array?

That opens up the ability for user selected stylesheets via template's main.php and @import url(__USER_SELECTED_STYLESHEET__); in the style sheet.

Cheers,

Chris