[dokuwiki] Re: Add page breaks in "printer friendly" version?

  • From: "Lavigne, Jesse" <lavigj@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 09:21:56 -0400

Stephan Herrmann wrote:

It's an internal, departmental wiki and I am using it to generate PDFs. So once these guides reach the web, they're already PDF. Thanks for the good advice though regarding this and public wikis.

But why would you do it your way, when this is by far more convenient and doesn't interfere with the wiki-structure? Just because it's not public it's not allowed to be user-friendly?

There are minor changes to make with a real benefit for you.

Stephan
The main reason being that I simply don't have time right now, and I am using this as a "quick" fix. I recognize that in the long run it is the not the easiest, or best, but for now it's what I have time to do.

Since you didn't specify, I assume you are referring to the changes suggested about avoiding page breaks at tables, headers, and other things.

I may look at the <div.nobreak> suggestion in more detail, but at this point I don't have time to make the (for me) non-trivial changes to the layout, test them, and hopefully send them back up stream to be incorporated in the wiki.

Since this is non-public and only serves a handful of people, it's sufficient for my needs for now.

- Jesse