[dokuwiki] Re: Add colors inside a code section.

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:40:45 +0000

Samuel Degrande wrote:

Hello.

I would like to be able to 'manually' colorize some words inside a
'code' section.

Is there a solution ?
Are you applying a language to the code? e.g. <code php>
If so GeSHi will highlight many parts of the text. You can apply your own styles to override the default Dokuwiki colours for the GeSHi styles.

Alternatively, you could modify either the code or file component of the code plugin to accept the color syntax mode while within its own mode.

It should be enough to add the following code within the plugin_code_code (or plugin_code_code) class block (but outside any other code blocks) ...
(file: lib/plugins/code/syntax/code.php or lib/plugins/code/syntax/file.php)

function accepts($mode) {
 if ($mode=='plugin_color') return true;

 return false;
}

However you will need to be careful, as plugin_color itself accepts other syntax modes which could lead to some odd results. I guess the safe solution would be one of the following two alternatives:
- duplicate plugin_color with a slightly different name, alter class and syntax modes to new name. modify getAllowedTypes in the copy to return an empty array. modify code or file components to only allow the copy color plugin.

- use "addPattern" in the code or file component plugins to merge color handling from color plugin with code/file plugins.

Cheers,

Chris