[dokuwiki-teams] Re: [infrastructure] SSL certs

  • From: Christopher Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 09:31:15 +0100
On 17 Jul 2012, at 08:16, Andreas Gohr wrote:

> Hi
>
> thanks Chris. I'll have another go this evening.
>
>>> Godaddy SSL interface seems to be the place to add the additional SANs.  I
>>> did make a self-signed certificate with SANs once - I seem to recall it was
>>> a PITA.
>>
>> I believe they have to be in the original CSR. I know how this works. It's
>> done through a openssl-config-file where the defaults for new CSRs are set.
>> I have one on my server, but can't look right now. If you have two or three
>> more days, I take a look.
>
> Well godaddy has the option to add SANs in their form, so I guess
> Chris is right.

Yeah, per here
http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/4649/adding-or-dropping-subject-alternative-names-from-ucc-certificates?isc=webxpa

They say that after the initial certificate is issued, you can add SANs.  New
ones need to be vetted.

Fwiw, I've always found the GoDaddy support line pretty helpful, no problem to
contact via Skype. Skype charge is minimal although you will need an in credit
Skype account.

- Chris