[dokuwiki-teams] Re: [Infrastructure] new server

  • From: Frank Jørgensen <frank@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 17:18:49 +0100

Hi all

> To do that I need to know who's in for real :-)

I would like to help out as well. But like Dennis my concern is if I
have the time needed for helping you out. I have to balance a job,
hobbies, band, GF etc. (in no particular order :-)

>  * Send a short summary about yourself and your experience as Linux
> admin here to the list

I've been working as a UNIX-admin for the past 12-13 years focusing on
Linux system administration for the most part. I've worked a couple of
years at a largeish ISP where I got to know the usual suspects
(apache, MySQL, Sendmail, Postfix, Bind etc...) and I also did a bit
of development work (mainly Perl, PHP and Bash). Red Hat (CentOS,
Fedora) and SuSE is where I feel most at home - but I have worked with
other distros as well

>  * Attach your SSH public key

ssh-dss
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
dsa-key-20090408

>  * Give a way of contacting you (Jabber preferred, Skype might be
> handy as well)

dongajda(at)jabber.org
dongajda(at)hotmail.com (msn)
f.gajda(at)gmail.com (mail, talk)

> It would also be good if you had some time available to join me during
> the setup (on the server and possibly on IRC). This will probably
> happen in the evenings of the coming days or the weekend.

I'm pretty much fully booked this week but I have time over the comming weekend

> The setup will consist of the following tasks
>
>  * Setup Webserver and vhosts. Should we stay with lighty? What do
> you guys suggest? Why?

I'm rooting for apache - simply because that's the one I feel most
comfortable around.

--
Frank Jørgensen