[dokuwiki-teams] Re: [Infrastructure] new server

  • From: Dennis Ploeger <develop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 15:26:03 +0100

Hi all!

I'm in. Basically.

I just don't know exactly, how much time I can spare for it having a job, a
wife and a son. I will definitely not be able to respond quickly in case of
emergencies. If that's okay with you, I'm in.

About me...

I'm working as a systems and network administrator for about fifteen years now
(gosh, I'm getting old), specialized in linux systems administration and open
source development.

I'm an open source enthusiast, but I'm not religious. If the available open
source thingies don't work, I won't use them just "because".

I've worked with several linux distributions, but feel home in the debian-ish
distributions. (Used debian as a server os for a long time, but my heart's
slowly moving towards ubuntu) Through my years working at a local ISP I've come
across web server (apache and lighttpd) and DNS administration (bind 8/9) as
well, so I'm quite experienced there as well.

Bash-Scripting and "Pipeing", Perl and PHP is naturally all in the package.

I've attached one of my SSH-keys. I'll give you another one of my Macbook, when
I'm at it.

I'm best contactable by mail or twitter (@dploeger). I'm not often around in IM
software, but got a skype account, if we need to meet over these kind of things.

When do you plan to setup the new server? I'd like to be there, if I can find
the time.

About the webserver: I think, we should move to apache. I like lighty as well,
but I think it's not suitable for us anymore.

I'm also up for postfix and mysql. We can use "backup-manager"
(http://www.backup-manager.org) as a backup software. It's great.

I'm mostly using the distribution packages and not compiling 'em myself, I
don't know how you handle this. I'd like to stick with the standards there.

Regarding security:

What about clamav, especially with dokuwiki being file-oriented?

I would also vote for rootkit-checkers for public available web servers. And I
would prefer user login through keys and a sudo-setup. No root login possible.

Kind regards
Dennis

Here's my ssh-key:

ssh-dss
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
 ploeger@lisa