[directmusic] Re: audiopath config Send "effect" c++ interface?

  • From: "James Dooley" <jdooley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:06:46 -0700

There is no published interface to this Send "effect" - it's not a real
DMO, just an internal DSound construct.

To work around this, you could create a simple "Volume" DMO that sits
right before the Send, and change the volume that way.

I'm not sure why the "shared" buffer solution isn't working.  Are you
explicitly setting the "Share buffer..." flag, and setting the GUIDs of
the buffers to be the same?  This is actually more efficient than using
a Send effect, so I'd like to know why it's not working.

-james

rights.