[directmusic] Segment download fails

  • From: "Vytautas Leonavicius" <vytas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:19:36 +0200

Hello,
I am having trouble with downloading segments created from wave files onto
DirectMusicPerformance object.

I am loading ~200 sounds.IDirectMusicSegment8::Download method just fails,
saying "DirectX error: File open failed - either file doesn't exist or is
locked.". However, file exists. Loader successfully loads it.

If I change download order, I get the same error, but on another segment. I
tryied to count how many segments are loaded successfully - it's 135 or 136
(depends on order, weird). Files are 90 - 150kb in size (1 - 3 sec length).

Is there some limitation on how many segments could be downloaded onto
performance?

One note: files I am downloading sometimes represent the same wave data, but
with different filename.

Please help, thanks in advance.

Vytautas