[directmusic] Re: MP3 encoded wav tracks, a pain in the neck..

  • From: "Scott Morgan" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 20:49:39 -0600

I don't think I've ever heard the problem with the gap in audio 2 secs in.
I've encoded a lot of MP3 files.  I have noticed that different apps and
sometimes different versions of the same app have unique behaviors in how
they encode stuff.  Maybe there is a problem with the encoder app you are
using?

I did test the mp3 functionality in DX9 before I left MS and I remember it
being Ok..just with the annoyance of having to set the decompressed start on
the samples.

-Scott Morgan
http://Morganstudios.com