[directmusic] Re: MP3 encoded wav tracks, a pain in the neck..

  • From: "Saul Bottcher" <saul.bottcher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:33:28 -0500

Hi Jason,

> You may be right, but I don't want to give up on DMP just yet.

    I'm sure more investigation would be helpful.  The way I approach a
problem like this is to ask, "assuming I can't fix any of these flaws, will
the project drive me insane"? ;^D  The other question is, of course, "is
fixing or working around these flaws more of an expense to the company than
investing in a proprietary solution?".

    Anyway, I only wanted to encourage you not to torture yourself.
Obviously, if you found elegant solutions to any of the problems mentioned,
you would be doing the DMusic community a big favour.  Even if you hit a
wall, we all benefit from your investigations. ;^)

    Saul.