[directmusic] How to Crash DMP

  • From: "Scott Morgan" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:42:48 -0500

Hey MS guys  (Christian and Phil in particular :)  ) here's a cash bug I just
ran across.  I thought you would like to know about it.

Pattern Editor/Segment Designer:  Deleting a note while the note color dialog
is up causes DMP to crash when Ok is pressed.

Repro:

1) In a pattern part open the properties window.
2) Click either the 'Selected' or 'Unselected' button for Note color
3) While the color dialog is up, select a note and press the delete key
4) Notice the note is not deleted
5) Press OK in the color dialog.
6) Notice DMP crashes

Happened in DX 8.1/W2k.

While I'm whining about stupid stuff, I'll mention another thing that bothers
me:
Adjusting vertical zoom deselects notes.  Horizontal zoom doesn't do this, why
should vertical zoom?

-Scott Morgan
http://Morganstudios.com