[directmusic] Re: Can Scripts leak sounddata?

  • From: "Scott Selfon" <scottsel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 08:42:15 -0700

As I understand it, downloading via a script is equivalent to
downloading (to whatever audiopath is specified) programmatically. If
you close the script, that data is still downloaded. I think the
philosophy was that the developer might still need that data, or it
could be shared (in which case unloading wouldn't be desired). Moral is
unload whatever you download. I tend to just have the developer manage
that, as they know what footprint they need to maintain.
-Scott