[dias-p1] Fw: Plans and timeline for DAIS ITA timeline preparation

  • From: Franck Le <fle@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dias-p1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 10:50:16 -0400

----- Forwarded by Franck Le/Watson/IBM on 07/20/2015 10:49 AM -----

From: Dinesh Verma/Watson/IBM
To: dais-ita-partners, dais-ita-ibm
Date: 07/01/2015 07:09 PM
Subject: Plans and timeline for DAIS ITA timeline preparation

Hi Friends,
I am sending this note to outline the next steps for the DAIS
ITA proposal preparation.

There are several things that need to happen in parallel.

1. Formal Budgets & Cost Volume Preparation:
I submitted the formal requests to IBM Business folks today. They
will contact all the identified business contacts and ask them for a
formal budget quote.
Expect those RFP requests to be received around July 7th. The
request is for all partners to return the formal budgets by 21 July.
IBM Business team will then create the formal cost volume, with all
typed of spreadsheet desired by the Govt.
When your business team returns the budget, please
ask them to explicitly identify the cost share -- since that is a
part of our win strategy. Note that budgets are needed for the first
5 years starting 1 May 2016.
For UK partners, please prepare budgets in dollars using 1.6 dollars
to the pound, and send to Sue Johnson.

2. Article of Collaboration
We will receive it from the Government on August 1st, and we will
relay it to partners as soon as it is obtained. Please have your
contracts person sign it and return it to IBM by August 14th.

3. Technical, PM and Transition Volume
Our target is to complete all volumes by August 18th, and send it
to IBM business folks for formatting and final submission at least
one week before the deadline.
IBM will prepare the project management and transition volume.
Please send all related transition examples (Thanks Tom for sending
it in already) from your institution to Peter Waggett who will
incorporate it.

For technical volumes, each project team should prepare a 7 page
proposal based on reactions from the Govt. Please send in the first
draft of your proposal to me (Dinesh Verma) and Dave Braines by July
20th.
We will have an internal review and comments on improving the
synergy among them by July 24th. Based on those comments, we plan to
get a second and final version the projects by August 11th.

The following people will be the point-persons for getting the
various project write-ups and getting all inputs from folks across
the team incorporated into the description.

Project 1: Franck Le
Project 2: Seraphin Calo
Project 3: Bongjun Ko
Project 4: Graham Bent
Project 5: Geeth de Mel
Project 6: Dave Braines

They should be reaching out to all team members in each project to
schedule discussions and to get the feedback. All colleagues are
welcome to participate and contribute to any project they feel like
-- even if they are not named formally on the project. Please reach
out to the right contact person of the project named above if you do
not hear back on logistics by next week.

We will not be having the broad global calls any more but only go
for focused project team calls to develop and create the proposal.
If anyone feels we need a global call among all partners at this
stage for any reason, please let me know.

Regards,
Dinesh C. Verma
IBM Fellow,
DGM - Cloud based Networks,
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
P.O. Box 218, Yorktown Heights, N.Y. 10598
Phone: (914)-945-4599
Email: dverma@xxxxxxxxxx