[delphizip] Re: Windows 95 Compatibility [continuing]

  • From: R Peters <rpeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 05:12:41 +1000

To speed up searching for non-wild file names I pre-calculate the CRC of the
uppercase name to use as a hash key for comparison - if the keys don't match
there is no point trying to compare the names themselves (comparing the
names also uses uppercase - oh the stupid initial decision for Windows to
ignore case for file/domain names).
Of course doing it my way it will not correctly upcase characters that that
version of Windows does not handle but the rest won't handle it either -
early Windows only had just enough Unicode support to convert the MBCS to
Unicode for the file handling and that only for installed code-pages.
Russell Peters

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 9:41 PM, James Turner <james.d.h.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxx