[delphizip] Re: Why do I have to close Delphi to unpack ZipMaster?

  • From: "James Turner" <james.d.h.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 00:35:19 +0100

> The reason it wants Delphi closed is because it cannot change files
> while Delphi is using them,

This is precisely why I aborted out - I don't want my Delphi installation
changed in any way whatsoever.

I presume it's possible to simply compile and register the TZipmaster
component manually but in any case, as a non-visual component, there is no
reason to even place it on the component palette. I'm using an ancient
version without it being registered without difficulties. I do vaguely
recall that the old package had some demo components that were placed on the
component palette, but I have no need for any such items. I simply need to
build a function that takes a directory and creates a zip file. I would use
my current version except that it will fail if empty directories are
encountered.

-- James Turner