[delphizip] Re: Tickler/ feedback from zipmaster file parsing

  • From: "Russell Peters" <russellpeters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 07:47:59 +1100

As a work around I use the OnSetNewName event - this is 'fired' for each
file after initial selection, so it (eventually) shows some progress (well
before OnProgress is sent).
I had thought to add an extra event (OnVetoSelection) which would be sent
for each accepted file as it was selected (and giving chance to refuse it's
selection), unfortunately this would have slowed the initial selection of
files.
Assuming I am able to port to Delphi I want to separate the file select and
the compress file stages (adding filespecs would add files to the list of
files to compressed, then you would 'commit' the requested operation to the
zip file). I would prefer to have the 'file selecting' on a separate thread
but  without that there should be some indication of life (try searching for
a filespec in 50+ thousand files and you need to see something is happening
also you need to be able stop it);
Russell Peters
http://www.users.bigpond.com/russellpeters/delphizip.html