[delphizip] Re: Problem when using large FSpecArgs counts

  • From: "Russell Peters" <russellpeters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 15:42:47 +1100

Just thought I'd check what you said - I zipped the Office97 art files (all
14229 of them)
I found it took on my computer (800mhz celeron) 25 secs for 30 filespecs, 42
secs for 50, 67 secs for 80,  385 secs for 457 (I am currently trying to
check with 14228 filespecs but it might have frozen - it's about an hour and
counting).
I think it might require some progress messages (not difficult to put in).
The match routine might be able to improved for when there are no wildcards
also (every file is matched with every filespec - no wonder it's time
consuming)
- Russell Peters