[delphizip] Long filename not extracting properly

  • From: Randall Sell <randallsell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 07:32:26 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,
Been using ZipMaster since 1.6. Now have latest 1.79.

The zip process seems to work fine and creates all the files (all have fairly
long names) only one
does NOT extract correctly in my proejct.

Real filename: "Tender Document 4.0 Terms and Conditions of
Contract_IRB0001.doc"
What is extracted: "Tender D.doc"

Seems to have crunched it down to 8.3 size. The file in question is inside
another dir (relative
paths stored in zip) and they extract OK. so I can't see why this file has
trouble.

so then revved up the Demo1 app - expecting to see the same results. but it
works! Which is good -
I must have something set wrong in my app. My question is - does anyone have
any guidance/hints as
to where my truncation problem is coming from? has anyone else here seen a
similar problem?

I'd suspect the OS if it created like a Tender~1.doc file, but it isn't. It is
just getting
chopped to "Tender D.doc"

Using winzip - it also extracted OK, so clearly my code must have something
wrong.

I shoudl mention that this proejct started with ZipMaster 1.6p and has chased
the latest revs ever
since. I did completely uninstall 1.78. So any guesses what might be going on
here. I've attached
the file. suspect file is in the "attachemnts" subfolder.

thanx
-randall

Need Mail bonding?

-- Type: application/zip
-- File: LongFilenameProblem.zip
-- Desc: 2549846891-LongFilenameProblem.zip