[delphizip] Re: Long filename not extracting properly

  • From: Randall Sell <randallsell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 04:59:25 -0800 (PST)

Well, after a lot more testing, it would appear that it may be related to how
the zip is created? Either that, or the order in which they are extracted. The
reason I suspect this is because I went and modified the zip contents and
changed it to a nice small filename: "x.zip" - and that worked (phew). Then I
went in, and added the big filename again - and it worked as well. So now two
files attached, "x,doc" and the big filename. So maybe problem relates to the
order in which things are extracted? And if the first one (or the last one)
happens to be a long name... hard to say not being the code author.
anyway, that's what I know... Let's hope the client doesn't find it :)

-rs

Randall Sell <randallsell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: This is a very odd problem...
If I run via delphi debugger specifying my command line (which is then
extracted) it will work correctly.

If I launch via Windows Explorer (file association is setup) then it truncates
this entry. but it is ONLY this one entry. All the other long filenames are
correct.

If I don't use any sort of file associations, or command line params, and just
open the file via the EXE's file | Open - it fails there as well.  I'd be
pretty happy to chalk it up to a bug in ZipMaster - but the bloody thing works
in some cases, and it works fine when I use the Demo1 app. so I'm stumped.

The full path to the file, when extracted is 136 chars:
D:\Documents and Settings\rj\Local Settings\Temp\irb6AF.DHT\Attachments\Tender
Document 4.0 Terms and Conditions of Contract_IRB0001.doc

-randall

"R.Peters"  wrote: Freelists does not allow attachments but you could send it to
problems@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I tested that filename without problems.
The only thing I can think of is perhaps to total absolute extraction path
is too long - from my unreliable memory MAX_PATH is about 420.
A bit my information might help -
What Windows version and disk file system (FAT or NTFS) for extraction.
Any error or warning messages - a log file may help (needs section [UNZDLL])

Meanwhile I will examine the code to see under what conditions it will
truncate it (I have an idea that it is there but well buried).

- Russell Peters