[delphizip] Re: How to increase compression?

  • From: <from-delzip@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:48:50 +0530

Are you using Inno setup with LZMA?

Inno setup has support for 7-ZIP's LZMA compression which gives considerable
increase in compression ratio comparing to zip/ rar.
You/InnoSetup might have also used solid mode which can also be the cause for
higher compression.

LZMA has high decompression speed with low memory overhead (depends on
dictonary size). It requires more memory for more
compression.

p.s: NSIS (nullsoft scriptable install system) also has support for LZMA.
(http://nsis.sf.net)

Sampath